Globe

Friday, January 28, 2011

A week (2x5k) off from running

I have been sick with a virus, and no its not a man cold like every female I know seems to tell me. 

Anyway what this means is that I have not run since last Sunday. Its odd how things like not running can effect you mentally. I feel this constant pulling in the back of my mind to get my shoes on and go for a run, but the last time my energy levels felt like this was, when I slept for 3 days a week after the marathon when I attempted a 10k too early.

I probably could have run last night but I'm scared that I will end up sicker if I push it too early.

Another upside of not running is that my ankle is feeling better than it has in a long time, its no where near as stiff in the mornings and it has regained a lot of its flexibility.

So I will run tonight, 5k and hopefully this will help to clear some of the snot out of my system, and help remove some of the anxiety that I have accumulated over the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment