Globe

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bouncing Back!!

Sickness is a bitch. the worst part about it is not being able to run, not having that outlet for stress and pressure.

A combination of training, annual leave and rather nasty throat, chest and ear infection had me off my feet for a few days, but unable to run for 3 weeks.

It feels like I have never run, like I have reverted back to the slack ass non runner that I was before. I missed out on running for the kids (although I don't mind that my entry fee became a donation to a great cause) which really sucks because running through the domain tunnel, and over the bolte bridge makes it one of my favorite runs....sigh.

The other thing that I have lost is the preparation that I have been building for the puffing billy run, the hill runs, and the speed that I had is gone.

2 runs back into it, and the remnants of the chest and ear infections, raise their ugly heads when I run, tight chest and ear ache. I am feeling the runs in my legs a lot more than I used to as well...

Because I need to focus on the upside, I have a goal, get speed back, run hills and beat that second train at puffing billy. And the best bit about the whole ordeal, is that I have dropped 3kg and managed to keep it off :)

This whole issue has also made me realised that I have not blogged anywhere near enough this year. Easy to remedy.

I will run, I will push it, and I will blog more often ;)

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment