Globe

Friday, January 3, 2014

A long time coming

Well....where to start. its been since last august since I have blogged about running, the last 2 years feel like I have wasted them loathing in my self pity and NO MORE.

It is time to attack my issues head on, to get back out there, put on foot in front of the other and sort my shit out.

The timing of my new found enthusiasm for running has happened to coincide with the start of the year, which is unfortunate as I keep getting asked if I am enacting a new years resolution. For the record I think that new years resolutions are a cop out, and if you want to fix something that is broken then do it when you are ready, not when its time for a new calendar. 

Its been over 4 years since I started running now, and I feel like I am finding my mojo again. The past 2 years have presented a lot of unexpected challenges and instead of turning to running to bolster my persona to deal with them, I instead used them as an excuse not to run.  That has to change, It is well past time to get shit sorted, become the man I want to be, and equip myself with the mental tools to deal with anything.

But...before I find that state of wellness I need to get back to the basics of running, and rediscover what was so attractive about the activity that got me through the last 4 years.

Its easy right now to want to be running the excuses for not running have been dismissed, the weather is good (not to hot, windy, rainy etc), I have time at work to take a lunch break. So its easy to run, its nice to run, and I feel like I can focus on running. However this is not necessarily the most sustainable situation, before long the days will heat up, work will get back into full swing once people come back from leave.

So the challenge is not to keep running, but then again I don't think that ever been the challenge. Not its how to dissolve the excuses, and get out there and JFDI. 

No comments:

Post a Comment