Globe

Friday, October 8, 2010

2 More Sleeps

2 More sleeps....thats it..1 Day 22 hours to go until I start to run, and keep running for as long as my body can hold out.



  • I have my Gels ready (one every 8k whether I feel like I need it or not)
  • I have decided to drink at every second water station (they are at about every 3k)
  • I know what I'm going to wear (Skins, Thorlo socks, My trusty Asics Kayanos, My new shorts, Under armor compression top and my Nike run top)
I'm meeting a fellow runner for coffee this morning to discuss tactics and I'm hoping that he is going to put my mind to rest on a couple of issues.


I have decided at this late stage on a slightly different tactic to the race. I have decided that I can run the whole distance.......the whole way 42.195k.


This is not my goal, my goal is to cover the distance running, run/walking, crawling or dragging myself by my arms. 


However I think I'm short changing myself by trying to run at least 30-35k when I should be trying to run 42.195k


I have been asked if I am ready. I think only a fool or someone who has run 100 marathons would be able to confidently say that they are ready, but as this is my first time I have no bloody idea if I'm ready or not.


Someone said this morning "have fun, its a fun run after all" my response was 5k, 10k even 15k is a fun run. 21 or 42 is a serious distance, but serious can be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Or it can be serious fun. Will be sending you energy as I wait at the aiport - knowing I should be there with you, running somehwere a bit behind you. It should be serious fun.

    ReplyDelete