Globe

Saturday, October 9, 2010

As the sun sets....

As the sun sets tonight I say good bye to the person I was.


By this time tomorrow I will have run my first marathon. I will be sore, I will be tired but one way or another I will have covered the 42.195k that makes up an certified marathon course.


I think my Dear Wife has been better able to foresee how much of a pivotal life changing moment this really is for me. I have thus far focused on training, hydration, fuel, clothing and dealing with things like cramps. But she has been able to see that the impact to my psyche is going to far outlast the impact to my body.


So as the sun sets I say goodbye to the slob turned runner, and tomorrow I embrace the runner turned marathoner.


I guess in the next couple of days I will learn what the hell that really means.

No comments:

Post a Comment