Globe

Monday, October 18, 2010

Running again

Wednesday last week I felt ready to run again, but I didn't, I waited and heeded the advice from everyone that I needed time to rest and recuperate.


Yesterday I ran a 10k in 1:47:00 which is not too bad a time (Considering the handicaps of My dog needing to wee, the traffic lights I had to stop at and the really nasty stitch that kept attacking me) but more importantly it felt good, really good. no pain, no niggling ankle issues.


I am ready to start my training regime in earnest again, and really start working hard to shave the hour off my marathon time.


ON the downside something is missing. A goal.


I need something to drive me to put foot in front of foot and run, and I think I have found exactly that.


The Marysville marathon is in about 3 weekends and I'm going to enter it. Yes another full marathon in 3 weeks time, now thats exactly the kind of insane goal I need to push through the postpartum depression of having completed the Melbourne marathon and not having anything on the horizon.


So its a 30k this weekend, a 10 or 20k the following weekend then another marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment